…and will involve our parents, ourselves, and our children. In this new millennium and with the tide of Baby Boomers surging forward, it is time to see past the cultural invisibility of Aging and engage in conversation about values, needs and positive, family inclusive solutions for Elder Care. The sentiment “Failing to plan is planning to fail” more acutely accurate when we neglect to anticipate the predictably changing needs of our parents. In “Holding Hands: Journeying with the Aging Family” you will learn:
• How the “nuclear family” model made our Elders invisible, and how to we must begin seeing them again
• The Co-Generational model: assessing each generation’s strengths and developmental tasks to help you envision an integrated network of support for all the family members in a maturing family system
• Strategies for initiating conversations between three generations to promote balance through planning
• Addressing the six core human needs (Thank you Tony Robbins!): certainty, uncertainty, significance, love, contribution, spiritual and personal growth and why we must help our Elders reconnect and stay connected with them
• Identifying resources so you know where to turn for support on a moment’s notice
• Creating “life plans” for the most common “unexpected” life events so small curves in the road don’t become critical collisions!
When uncertainty is the rule (and it becomes moreso as we age) Love is what remains at the core. Here’s to all the things that let peace and dignity blossom at such a challenging and transitional time: Validation. Respect. Empathy. Kindness. Thinking outside the box. Holding Hands: The Art of Parent Care provides an integrated approach to navigating the Journey of the Aging Family.
To reserve your copy of Holding Hands: The Art of Parent Care, please fill out the contact form below, and keep an eye on the blog for more exerpts of the book to be posted in the upcoming weeks!
[contact-form][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Shipping Address’ type=’url’/][contact-field label=’City%26#x002c; State%26#x002c; Zip Code’ type=’text’/][contact-field label=’Comment – What issues are of greatest concern to you?’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]